Discover our pioneering spirit!
Quality Inspection Technician
· Do you believe honesty and integrity are critical?
· Are quality products and services important to you?
· Is it important for you to be appreciated for your skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, then a career at United Precision Corp. could be for you!
UPC is a leader in machined seals, pressure relief, and custom products for the Space/ Aerospace industry. We are seeking a Quality Inspection Technician to support the UPC Team’s Quality department. Qualified candidate will ensure compliance with industry and customer standards including AS9100 and ISO 9001 compliance.
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 1+ years in Quality
· Complete visual inspections and dimensional measurements using Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), optical comparators, micrometers, calipers and other measurement devices.
· Ability to read and interpret drawings with a basic understanding of (GD&T).
· Inspect parts to ensure compliance with required specifications.
· Assist with problem solving and trouble-shooting activities and follow up on RMA open actions.
· Participate in internal audit process and related activities.
· Observe, collect, summarize and report quality data including in-process rejections and MRB data.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel.
· Follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
· Multi-task and prioritize based upon business needs.
· Consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic (punctual, dependable, reliable, and team player).
· Adhere to safety standards and demonstrate safe operating practices daily
· Ability to read and write English
· Basic understanding of statistical methods and analysis
· Operate (CMM) and ability to program the CMM.
· Calibrate measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers and other devices per requirements.
· Assist with Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP) and AS9102 First Article Inspection reports.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: (Read like…the candidate has…)
· Excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
· No visual impairment that would affect color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust and focus
· No restrictions in working in various indoor/outdoor conditions
· No significant physical limitations that would prevent normal walking, standing, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching, etc.
· No restrictions preventing the ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
· May be exposed to variable noise levels, fumes, hazardous chemicals or airborne particles (within safe limits)
· No restrictions preventing the ability to wear personal protective equipment
Submit resume to be considered. United Precision Corp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening is required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time