· Do you enjoy developing new compounds?
· Are you creative and detail-oriented?
· Is it important for you to be appreciated for your skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, then a career at United Precision Corp. could be for you!
We are seeking a Mechanical or process/Manufacturing Engineer [with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment] who will join our team of professionals, dedicated to providing quality products to our customers.
This position is a key part of the team. This role will require an understanding of machined and molded components, interpretation of drawings and specifications to satisfy customer requirements, applying solutions that are highly processable and cost-effective. This role is a highly visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner to customers.
Competency in working with synthetic and natural rubbers for transfer, Injection and compression molding will be in high consideration.
· Drives new product concepts, processes, technologies leading to innovations.
· Provide solutions to technical problems using standard methods of analysis.
· Interface with suppliers to evaluate new materials.
· Test new material compounds for customer applications.
· Provide scale-up and other technical support.
· Prepare and write reports.
· Develop and improve manufacturing process.
· Make improvements and/or enhances current processes.
· Interact with production to enhance compounds for molding efficiency.
· Provide leadership on root cause analysis for production issues encountered in scale-up and manufacturing of products in the subject domain.
· Solve supplier product issues involving the handling of materials, processing requirements, and product conformity.
· Integrate customer expectations into cost-effective product solutions
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
· 3+ years of experience in an engineered product environment, preferably aerospace.
· A degree in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or chemistry with manufacturing experience is highly desirable.
· Understanding or material testing requirements and results to accept or reject hardware.
· Strong understanding of engineering and polymer fundamentals and conceptual skills.
· Ability to execute multiple technology developments from ideation, development, scale-up and support in manufacturing
· Must demonstrate highly motivated work ethic; excellent organization and follow-through skills.
· Must have strong performance work history and exhibit leadership qualities.
· Relevant software skills, which may include: Microsoft Office/spreadsheet/presentation software skills.
· Retirement plan
· Holiday pay (6 days)
Submit resume to be considered. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening are required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Discover our pioneering spirit!