Discover our pioneering spirit!
CNC Lathe Setup Lead
· Job Description
· Do you dream of creating components that will journey into space?
· Do you enjoy new challenges, have a “can-do” attitude, and are creative?
· Do you desire to be part of a progressive team where you matter?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a career at United Precision Corp. could be for you!
The Team at UPC proudly leads the Aerospace industry in the production of machined metal seals, pressure relief discs, and custom-engineered parts.
We are seeking an experienced CNC Lathe Set Up Lead. Suitable candidate will assist manufacturing manager with the CNC Lathe Set Ups and various tasks such as but not limited to trouble shooting CNC Lathes, prove and edit programs, performing First Articles, and more.
Requirements and Duties:
· 5 years minimum experience setting up and troubleshooting CNC Lathes with a strong understanding of machining fundamentals
· Strong attention to detail a must
· Able to complete setup from beginning to first article inspection
· Experience working with difficult to machine materials such as Inconel, waspaloy, hatelloy, titanium, etc. a plus
· Aerospace / AS9100 experience is a plus.
· Experience on Mori Seiki MAPPS and Fanuc controls a plus
· Experience with live tooling a plus
Must be able to do the following functions with minimal supervision:
· set up and touch off tools
· cut jaws
· prove and edit new programs at the machine control
· adjust feeds and speeds, depth of cut, etc. to optimize cycle times and tool life
· proficiently use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers, indicators, height gauges, optical comparators, etc.
· read and interpret part drawings including a basic understanding of GD&T.
· interface with quality department for verification of first articles
· Perform a lead role in the machine shop, setting a positive example, monitoring and assist less experienced operators on setups and troubleshooting issues when necessary to ensure manufacturing goals are met
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Ability to work indoors in a machine shop environment with variable noise levels, fumes, hazardous chemicals or airborne particles
· Wear provided personal safety equipment
· Work requires walking, standing, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
· Able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
· Manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
· Safely operate powered hand tools
· Color vision and depth perception
Please submit resume. United Precision Corp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment background and drug screening is required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour